• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX Trunk Lid Emblem Pin Fasteners

musictoyz

Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
The Emblem shown here comes with Pin Holders - do they go on the outside and push into the holes - ORRRR do u push emblem thru holes and push Holders on Pins with needle nose ??

Also anyone know the drill for the holes - I must have a non GTX trunk lid on mine now holes - yes I could get 1972 logo which is tape but it’s not right
IMG_1546.jpeg

Pin holders on inside like the Plymouth letters

You push the holder in the hole then install the emblem. Usually just on large center pin, outer pin is so emblem doesn't rotate, but nothing securing it there.

There is no access from behind, double wall metal.

The Plymouth letters on the tail panel have hex nuts that go on from inside the trunk.

You push the holder in the hole then install the emblem. Usually just on large center pin, outer pin is so emblem doesn't rotate, but nothing securing it there.

There is no access from behind, double wall metal.

The Plymouth letters on the tail panel have hex nuts that go on from inside the trunk.
I agree on trunk emblem but have seen early built 70 gtx and RR with the plastic push on on the inside

Cause there is no notch’s like the hood for Plymouth logo - sooo the pins don’t even go thru so they are actually hidden - makes sense - I just wanted masters to confirm - thanks

The two holes in my deck lid for the GTX emblem barrel clips were .180" diameter. I would start out with a smaller size drill bit and check the fitment on whatever barrel clips are available today. I made a template off my original deck lid for the hole locations and bought the emblem with the pins, but I would be tempted to use the later emblem with the tape.

Auto Transport Service
Back