• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1970 Plymouth Satellite/Roadrunner 440 Automatic - $32K

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am two hours south of Carlisle and five miles off I81 in Virginia. So this is an easy drive from there.

Originally a Satellite, this is a really really nice driver, could be show quality with a little work. I purchased it to drive though and now that it is pretty much finished, I have lost interest because of an injury a year ago and I am getting old. Because of my age, the injury will probably never heal. I am not desperate to sell this, so if this interests you, price is negotiable. $32K.

DRIVE TRAIN: Engine is a 1978 440 police option. The crankshaft is from a mid 70s RV. It is bored .020 over. Has HP ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, 4BBL Edelbrock AVS carburetor. I also have a correct year rebuilt AVS if interested. The engine has been started and needs to be timed and broken in. The exhaust is 3 inch with TTI exhaust (down) pipe, turbo mufflers. It has an automatic transmission. The rear end is an 8 ¾ suregrip, think the ratio is 323. It also has a Classic Air heating and AC system. The AC needs to be charged.

BODY & FRAME: The frame rails are in excellent condition. Because this was a race car, the frame rails were also reinforced with steel and is still there. The floor pans and trunk pans are solid. The quarter panels were purchased from AMD and replaced 10 years ago. That is because the old were modified for slicks. This was the only metal that had to be replaced. The car had professional body work (not very much) and painted then. The original color was some crappy yellow I think, is green with black vinyl top now. The front end was rebuilt by me and needs alignment though I think I have it close. The hood is from a 70 GTX.

INTERIOR: This originally had a bench seat, but was replaced with bucket seats and a console. The seats have been recovered. The standard dash was replaced with a rallye dash with a rallye instrument cluster with tac toc tach.

OTHER: The tires are new BF Goodrich 215/65/15 on front & 245/60/15 on rear. The power steering is a new 3 & ¾ lock to lock Borgeson unit, with new power steering pump. The brakes are non-power brakes, disc on front, drum on rear.

IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5487.JPG
IMG_5488.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back