• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee Factory FY1, Black interior, 383, 4 speed, Console, Ram Air, 3.91 Gear

SuperBeeFan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been so crazy busy with life, I thought I’d have my bee painted and finished but only had some light rust repair was a pipe dream! The car spent most of its life in Sacramento, CA. I’m going to try to upload include video of new rebuilt 383 engine running!

List of items completed so far last 2.5 years and wouldn’t have been able to have completed all of the stuff support of my loving wife Linda and of coarse, some stuff without the tireless help and experienced input from several site members! Thank you!!!! I don’t have hardly any pictures had most lost by Apple problems. But will add to this post!

1) Replacement of ignition key cylinder and wiring steering column.
2) replaced old cracked steering wheel with correct style.
3) Rebuilt front suspension
4) Rebuilt steering box-tighter gears
5) New Magnaflow 2.5 exhaust
6) just installed newly rebuilt balanced 383 roller cam long block with closed chamber heads, Torker lowest rise manifold, street Brawler carburetor, MSD ignition.
7) New Brewers unbalanced flywheel
8) New gear reduction starter
Plenty more to come!

90689F97-9A35-4D61-B1B1-9A5A882550DB.jpeg

2146C1EA-17D1-4412-AE6E-60DD084AC1B8.jpeg

FF242F3F-2A7E-4629-A9BE-EB50EC7BEDD6.jpeg

733C0F13-1F32-4A9B-A96C-DF858C569E56.jpeg

Nice :thumbsup:

Do you happen tho know which dealership the car was originally sold?

My '62 was bought at John Drew Motors in Sacramento and spent its life in Oregon.

Nice :thumbsup:

Do you happen tho know which dealership the car was originally sold?

My '62 was bought at John Drew Motors in Sacramento and spent its life in Oregon.
Thanks, sorry I have no idea what dealership and no paperwork. But always checking.

It is an awesome car
I have to ask what you mean by unbalanced flywheel. Internally balanced?

Hello, my apologies just getting back to you. The new replacement 383 was balanced, so when the new clutch was installed, a new “Neutral balanced” flywheel was also installed.

Sorry the link didn’t seem to work. I uploaded one to YouTube. See post after this

Last edited:
Okay, I’m done messing with the links, I can’t get the video to upload and have different YouTube link but doesn’t connect and very frustrated that you can’t hear the is definitely buzzing. Guess you can Always PM me for contact information for help of members who have done this before?
Thank you all for continuing support of the hobby!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back