• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger vacuum solenoid switch location

Convertcuda

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a 71 charger with the headlight washer system on the headlights. Would anyone have any pictures of what the correct solenoid looks like or part number. Also the correct location on the car where it gets mounted. Thanks for any help.

4975187-Picture046%5B640x480%5D.jpg

Switch goes underneath the dash frame, down the A/C-heater control.

You’ll find there 3 provisions for several Acc options according to the setup

I have a 71 charger with the headlight washer system on the headlights. Would anyone have any pictures of what the correct solenoid looks like or part number. Also the correct location on the car where it gets mounted. Thanks for any help.

So know I found out what they look like but I need to know where they mount in engine compartment. Theses are the vacuum solenoids that control the brush on the headlight. Thanks

vacuum.jpg

Oh you meant the actuators.

The headlights pedestals should bet a provision cuts for it. Not sure is some extra bracket for the assembly. Probably not.

On your other thread you can see the actuator locations on book diagrams, just not clear enough

Last edited:
The solenoid is mounted to the left fender behind the headlamp brace. You can see it in this picture behind the Accel decal. Also you can see the actuator, hoses, and washer bottle.

IMG_1319 (2020_05_13 00_10_08 UTC).JPG

Oh ok! Down the fender… at a side of the hood pin… I can see the nut and the location tab/key

Nice!

The solenoid is mounted to the left fender behind the headlamp brace. You can see it in this picture behind the Accel decal. Also you can see the actuator, hoses, and washer bottle.

View attachment 1714895
Thank you very much for that awesome pic. I wonder what a guy could use for the vacuum solenoids - hard to find these days. Any more pics of vacuum routing for headlights?

Thank you very much for that awesome pic. I wonder what a guy could use for the vacuum solenoids - hard to find these days. Any more pics of vacuum routing for headlights?
I do not. Sold the car in 2010 that's about the best pic I have.

Auto Transport Service
Back