• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 GTX - 2-Door Station Wagon!

TUFCAT

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know this car to vouch that its real? It sure looks cool...and MEAN LOOKING for a station wagon.

Attachments

• gtx 2door station wagon.jpg
    gtx 2door station wagon.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 8,974
Not real...
A "Clone" or Resto-fied wagon.
It is a great looking vehicle..
I'd own it and drive it!

Kudos on who ever made it!

Just my opinion.

It's a "Custom" or a "Phantom", since none were ever made. You can't "clone" what never was.

Very nice, in any case. Looks like the rear lid and the rear portion of the roof is off an AMC Hornet wagon, along with the rear quarter glass and perhaps the upper rear quarters. Lots of imagineering here. Very cool!

I don't know, Kinda looks like a overgrown Pinto to me from the rear . Just my thoughts.

Definitely Photoshopped. Look at the difference in the reflections between the front and rear windows.

Or, maybe it is real and built by someone with a buttload of talent!

29141040043_large.jpg

Maybe photo shopped, but it looks doable if you found the right station wagon roof and side window profile to graft onto the rear quarters and roof (doesn't have to be from a Chrysler product either). You would also need the hatch, then join a section from the deck lid as an extension to it..... Hmm.

I bet there's a station wagon out there somewhere that could be chopped up to make this work.

Either way, they are pretty damn cool!

It's a "Custom" or a "Phantom", since none were ever made. You can't "clone" what never was.

Very nice, in any case. Looks like the rear lid and the rear portion of the roof is off an AMC Hornet wagon, along with the rear quarter glass and perhaps the upper rear quarters. Lots of imagineering here. Very cool!

Thank you Patrick...
I mis-spoke

I'm on board with this being photo-shopped by someone with some decent skills~! I can see some tell take signs (looking carefully).

I still consider this a doable project with the right "roof/side glass/hatch combo" donor that could be grafted on without extending the quarter panel length. Like the photoshop picture, someone could actually pull this off....

So where would the roof and side window panel come from - - any guesses?

Last edited:
Good catch....its a very similar style.
Make no mistake, back in 1970 I saw a 71 roadrunner wagon prototype / concept in the design studio when I was delivering toilet paper and hand towels. It was originally a baby blue 440 six pack car

Auto Transport Service
Back