• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Dodge Charger Rallye project

So some how the rear seat disappeared and the car needed to get a replacement seat frame. Since the original upholstery was mint, was going to use it but that can't happen now. If I do the rear seats, it won't look like the same material as the front seats, so those have to be changed too. Not to mention if everything on the interior is new, I may as well as do the door panels as nearly 50 year old panels would clash with everything. So now I'm having to buy an entire interior kit which was not budgeted for. Heck, I probably would have at least used the old covers in that 72' Road Runner I just picked up to save money when and if I replaced them. Luckily Legendary Auto Interiors had a special that saved me 25% and 1/2 the shipping so the cost was just around $1100. They take about 45-60 days to make so hopefully they will have it ready before mid march. Will post pics when it arrives.

Thank you. It took awhile to find one I liked and this one ended up being my keeper. Hope your 71’ Charger will have similar pages on here too!

Kildare, found a semi-correct 26in radiator I can use it it til I find the perfect one I want. Being sent to the radiator shop for test, repair and restoration. TTI exhaust system is ordered and hopefully be there in next couple weeks. Getting wheels ready for sandblasting and paint as well as the remaining engine parts that need to be detailed. Legendary interior is delayed due to Christmas back orders, so the car will not be ready for the first two shows on the west next month. Next will be sending bumpers out for chrome and hope we can figure out how to property paint the plastic grills on the frontend.

Update. Scheduling a restart on project in the end of March with a possible goal to be done within 6 months, putting it completed by end of the year. Will have more info as the weeks pass.

update, Car is still stored away. Looking to get the guy motivated again to working on it and fix the mistakes on the car. Hoping for February 2022 date.

Still waiting for the assembler to get better, so it's still delayed for the time being.

Update is not looking good.

IMG_0253.jpeg

That sucks. Why I do all my own work so any waiting is all on me.

Update. Assembler decided he was not going to work on my car anymore. I was told he just needed to sell some cars so he could make room to
Bring mine in to work on. that was almost a year ago when he told me this. He said once his duster was gone, I would bring it in. Apparently he sold it in the middle of last year and lied about making room for me and just decided to build another car for himself. I believe the car has now been sitting in storage when he kicked me out 4 years ago. He was upset that during coving, the parts he had me order where deal hard and had no parts to install and complained it was not getting paid. Mind you, I was never lte sending him money or complained about the amount. Sadly, my restoration costs didn’t calculate for professions shop work rate, so now on top of the $35k I have into the car, I have to fix a lot of the stuff the assembler did that was not restoration quality, even though he does mainly Mopar muscle restorations for 30 years and did dozens of cars prior to mine.on top of that, the rear seats that went missing, they bough a set of broken seat frames for $25 and gave those to me to replace my missing, low mileage seats. After the next show, I’m planning to pull the car out of storage container and assess how much still needs to be done, when needs to be re-done and what is missing/damaged from what was in his possession during the restoration. I am not mad at them as they did have the car awhile and they did help get me started on the project , and will still be a good friend til I die. I just sort of sad that I was led on abit and all I wanted was one nice car in my life instead of cars that came from a junk yard. Not being able to drive a classic Mopar for years kind of made me want to just sell everything and just go buy a Chevy or something done.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're able to get this project restarted and completed. Personally, I would have been pissed at him for not being up front with you. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're able to get this project restarted and completed. Personally, I would have been pissed at him for not being up front with you. Good luck.
Anger never solves a problem and I’m greatful he was able to get it started with me instead of letting it hibernate untouched for years. Not worth loosing a friend over and as I see it, it just means I just have to try harder and not give up. Life is never easy for most, so changing directions to get somewhere is a part of it. Wanting a 100 point car is now a far away dream, so all I can do now is adjust the budget belt and see what is doable for me. I think in the mean time, to fight this down feeling I’m having, I’m going to start something to document my car hobby addiction and problems along the way. Might be a good opportunity to start another YouTube channel.

Update. Assembler decided he was not going to work on my car anymore. I was told he just needed to sell some cars so he could make room to
Bring mine in to work on. that was almost a year ago when he told me this. He said once his duster was gone, I would bring it in. Apparently he sold it in the middle of last year and lied about making room for me and just decided to build another car for himself. I believe the car has now been sitting in storage when he kicked me out 4 years ago. He was upset that during coving, the parts he had me order where deal hard and had no parts to install and complained it was not getting paid. Mind you, I was never lte sending him money or complained about the amount. Sadly, my restoration costs didn’t calculate for professions shop work rate, so now on top of the $35k I have into the car, I have to fix a lot of the stuff the assembler did that was not restoration quality, even though he does mainly Mopar muscle restorations for 30 years and did dozens of cars prior to mine.on top of that, the rear seats that went missing, they bough a set of broken seat frames for $25 and gave those to me to replace my missing, low mileage seats. After the next show, I’m planning to pull the car out of storage container and assess how much still needs to be done, when needs to be re-done and what is missing/damaged from what was in his possession during the restoration. I am not mad at them as they did have the car awhile and they did help get me started on the project , and will still be a good friend til I die. I just sort of sad that I was led on abit and all I wanted was one nice car in my life instead of cars that came from a junk yard. Not being able to drive a classic Mopar for years kind of made me want to just sell everything and just go buy a Chevy or something done.
Migs,there is no alternative other than learning every aspect of building your car and doing it yourself. The one aspect of building a car I am not skilled in is machine shop work,and my brand new Mopar Performance 472 Hemi engine has been in the machine shop for almost 6 years!

Auto Transport Service
Back