• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Dodge Charger SE electric window driver side control

Kobrak

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Folks, I had a chance to do a little electrical troubleshooting yesterday and I now have all of my windows working! I went to button up the drivers door card(s) and when I went to put the electric window button piece into the door card I realized one end is missing the clip doohickeys. Not sure how to describe them, but they look like something you would put a fuse into (old style fuse). They are broke off at the punk mettle piece. I don't even want to look at the cost of this part as I'm sure it is pricey. At first I thought I could just use some gorilla tape on that end, but it doesn't hold at all. Any other ideas? I might look at using Velcro?

IMG_0193.jpg

Those switches are reproduced now.

That should be driving down the cost of poor condition OEM parts.

Look on ebay.

Those switches are reproduced now.

That should be driving down the cost of poor condition OEM parts.

Look on ebay.
Thanks. I didn't know they are reproduced now.
Anyone reproducing the wiring connectors or harness?

Last edited:
The problem I had with my power windows was the drivers side ground connection pin was burned up.
It is sort of a design issue as all four windows ground through the drivers switch connection, so if operating all the windows at the same times, that pin sees 4 times and much current as all the other connector pins.
Because each switch has power to them on the yellow wire, I added relays to each power window, and then each power window is grounded through the relay to the body and does not even need the ground at the drivers switch. The relay also takes all the motor current, so the switch(s) are just activating the relay(s).
If you do a search, the suite should find more on the relay modification.

Auto Transport Service
Back