• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Road Runner Grille Mesh (honeycomb) on Ebay (not mine)

Dibbons

Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Hard to find, to say the least:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-ROADR...722707?hash=item3fdba153d3:g:UqkAAOSwfsReRsWf

honeycomb grille.jpg

$450 bucks is a lot to spend though. yeesh!
Especially for a bent one... I have a bunch 72 RR grilles and parts. I picked up 2 grille mesh screens this year at the Carlisle show. One is Nos and the other very nice used. Guy had them laying there right down from Jimmy Boros spaces. He said one guy was coming back with the money when I saw them so I said ok. I went to walk away he said "that was an hour ago make me an offer if interested" I said $240pr he said take them...

IMG_2203.JPG IMG_2204.JPG

A few years ago, I paid $300.00 for the same thing.

Oh no I understand! It's a lot of money but there are so few of them that we don't have much of a choice if they come up for sale. I spent $700 for a perfect center piece and I wanted to cry after buying it but I needed to have it if I wanted a perfect grille. It's probably the single most important visual part of the car in my opinion.

Especially for a bent one... I have a bunch 72 RR grilles and parts. I picked up 2 grille mesh screens this year at the Carlisle show. One is Nos and the other very nice used. Guy had them laying there right down from Jimmy Boros spaces. He said one guy was coming back with the money when I saw them so I said ok. I went to walk away he said "that was an hour ago make me an offer if interested" I said $240pr he said take them...

View attachment 912728 View attachment 912729

That's heck of a score!

I was very thankful when I found a mint one for $100 a couple years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back