• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Quarter Panel

George Borders

Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a 1973 Quarter Panel for a 1973 Roadrunner.
I have searched everywhere with no results.
Question: Can a 1972 be used on it? What kind of modifications would I need to do?

Welcome. 71-72 styles are similar, as the 73-74 styles are similar, mainly due to the fed bumpers. I'm thinking if it may require the use of a 71-72 rear bumper, obviously if changing both qtrs.

Welcome. I've had a 72 and a 73 side by side and there are many differences, not at all worth the effort unless your goal is to build a Frankenstein Plymouth. I've never seen where anyone is making new quarter panels for 73-74 Roadrunner, so far all talk, no tin. I believe some FBBO members are waiting for someone to make useful rust repair panels for these cars again.

If you need a complete quarter panel you'll probably need to source them used. There are some members here parting cars that might have usable quarters, find them with the search. Be prepared to travel to get these parts.

I would suggest you start a Want To Buy thread, maybe the parts will come to you. Good luck

edit: I would also suggest that you head over to the Welcome Wagon, introduce yourself, and share some pictures of your project. We love pics.

Last edited:
Totally different.

AMD made a rear quarter patch from 12 o'clock center of the wheel arch to the valance quite a few years ago. Someone may have one.

Rumor has it that a 72-80 truck fender can be used for the entire arch.

I have both a 73 Satellite and an 80 truck and they are VERY, VERY close.

Auto Transport Service
Back