• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Road Runner trunk emblem location

Master Gunner

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
Had a "spirited discussion" the other day about the location of the trunk emblem and decal on the 73 runner. He claims his is original, and is on the drivers side, first the decal then the emblem in line, and the emblem has studs. Now I've never heard of a 73 with the emblems on the left, and all the parts catalogs and sales brochures show it on the passenger side.
Has anyone out there ever seen of heard of this before?

Mark

See this thread...

Agree, but his claim is that it is an early build Windsor car and it may be different. Like I said, I've never seen or heard of this, but the one thing I've learned about mopar is never say never.

Mark

‘72 had studs for sure but most all ‘73’s had stick on ones. Being an early car I imagine it could have gotten emblems with studs as it was common for early cars to have some stuff like that on them. As far as placement I have only seen RH side.

Do the holes look punched or drilled?

Haven't seen the holes with emblem out. The location looks to me like where the dealer used to put their name plate when they had metal emblems.

Mark

Auto Transport Service
Back