• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 steering column wiring connector pigtails

zombezoo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone makes a reproduction harness (or pigtails) for the column side of the wiring? I have a new under dash harness but my column wiring connectors are toast.
1973 Plymouth Satellite

Both the turn signal and ignition switch are available on rock auto
Screenshot_20240925-075412.png
Screenshot_20240925-075359.png

They come with the wiring? Great. I was expecting they had a connector on their end and it was just a switch. I will order and see what comes.

Pictures show wires, thanks! Never imagined something like that would still be available from rock, figured I needed to find some reproduction company.

They sell the full piece (switch and harnesses) not just the connectors because they are one assembly. Myself on your shoes, just would reuse the conectors. Specially with the turning switch which are “cheap” chinesse pieces and non matching colors

Original terminals will deserve a good cleaning thought.

Terminals are available from electrical suppliers though (standard molex terminals)

“Evans wiring” maybe are able to sell just the conectors. They are Harnesses manufacturers.

On eBay there is one seller offering NOS ign switch connectors (I think the former FMM “Fran Mitchel” account)

Whole harness is fine by me, my switches are fine, but the car was a former parts car, so I was left with the trashed components from the vehicle mine donated its parts to. RockAuto order arrives Friday so I will look at what comes and make the call.

Well… the ign switch maybe is a good repleaceable option, but… the turning switch… just making a quick search around will find the problems they use to have. 95% of the board will preffer a good used one over the new chinese repros available.

The ignition switch you will get mostly sure WON’T be EXACTLY to the factory one. Will need a small wiring mod on plug end. Easy thought.

Those stock ignition switch connectors have/had issues of their own, may want to explore more reliable alternatives. Better off to stick to OE switches, those repos are junk, will be replacing them again in very short order.

Maybe I can just steal the plastic connector from the new unit and add new terminations to the existing wires/units.
I will have to figure out what type of connectors they used.
Those stock ignition switch connectors have/had issues of their own, may want to explore more reliable alternatives. Better off to stick to OE switches, those repos are junk, will be replacing them again in very short order.

Thanks for this, I have decided to go this route. I will disassemble my new under dash and change over to the Anderson type connectors and crimp new ends on my existing switches.

Maybe I can just steal the plastic connector from the new unit and add new terminations to the existing wires/units.
I will have to figure out what type of connectors they used.
I already told you… Molex Standard

I already told you… Molex Standard
The video talks about how that standard connector isn't rated for the current it carries. I'm switching to an Anderson connector that can carry the current

Auto Transport Service
Back