• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Charger horn: Only 1 low tone horn on driver side? Prestolite or Spartan?

74ChargerSE440

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Does the 74 Charger horn have the same partno regardless the brand of the horn?
- I only have one Prestolite horn on the left side (L=low?), but I can see (bolt damage and wire split) there was one also mounted on the right side once, but has gone.
- What's are the partno's for left and right?

1726177096608.png
1726177171899.png

Does it matter? Sounds like you need a H high tone. Horns are oriented differently, maybe someone can snap a picture of your year, and right or passenger side. It can be fun finding the right oriented one. Went through this with my Dart!

Does the 74 Charger horn have the same partno regardless the brand of the horn?
- I only have one Prestolite horn on the left side (L=low?), but I can see (bolt damage and wire split) there was one also mounted on the right side once, but has gone.
- What's are the partno's for left and right?

View attachment 1725574View attachment 1725576
It looks like the kit has brackets and a proper bolt. If you want 2 tone, find a (H)igh note Prestolite and bolt it on. Where's the factory harness? My 2 Darts are both on the passenger side but I don't know about your car.

Horn.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back