• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1985-93 Dodge Ram, Ram's head hood ornament

'68 Charger

Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
My '85 D150 did not come with the Ram's head hood ornament but planning on getting one (who wouldn't lol). I was wondering if anyone out there would have some measurements so that I can drill the holes in my hood. I've attached a pic describing the measurements that I need.

A. I need the outer diameter measurement of the column that the spring goes thru.

B. I need the measurement between the 2 mounting studs (center to center).

(not in the pic)
Also if possible, I need a measurement of the location of the stud hole closest to the front of the hood. Some sort of reference point such as the edge of the hood where it meets the grille.

3954668852_78e126ebefg.jpg

Why don't you get the hood ornament first? Then you'll have all the measurements you need right in front of you. Holes in your hood don't do you any good without the ornament anyway.

Why don't you get the hood ornament first? Then you'll have all the measurements you need right in front of you. Holes in your hood don't do you any good without the ornament anyway.
Well I also would need to know the location of the holes in reference to the factory positioning of the hood ornament.

Auto Transport Service
Back