• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Dana 60 Housings NOT MINE

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Found these while looking in Arizona craigslist.. Killer price.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/d/el-cajon-dana-60-axle-housing-body-body/7003294367.html

From the ad.

Hi there,

I have one Dana 60 Axle Housing.
Only the cut housing is available.
This is the housings ONLY, no Third Member.
This is correct for 1966-1970 B-Body Mopar such as Dodge Charger, Plymouth Road Runner, Coronet, Satellite, Belvedere, GTX and Super Bee.
You can move the leaf spring perches to fit E-Body Cuda and Challenger as well!

- In overall good used condition.
- Have been cleaned and painted.
- Ready to go!

Asking $150 per housing.
Please call or text show contact info .
Thanks so much!

00S0S_lnCTw4z04do_600x450.jpg

00I0I_hEqCV3a2DsS_600x450.jpg

00n0n_bHWLfZQ8o4v_600x450.jpg

Those are truck housings, fine if your doing a four link but no mount for a pinion snubber if your using leaf springs...

Ahh damn it said they were for a bbody.. Im not familiar with the DANA stuff. Just went by what the guy says in the ad. Sorry to get anyones hopes up.

Ahh damn it said they were for a bbody.. Im not familiar with the DANA stuff. Just went by what the guy says in the ad. Sorry to get anyones hopes up.

Hey, you were willing to share, Thats worthy of a thank you... No reason to feel bad... Lots of truck Danas have been cut down & used, but either you fabricate a snubber mount or you us a four link or ladder bar system...

Those housings are gold!
I shared link with a friend he will most likely buy them he cuts them down and makes a snubber Mount ! Builds them out and sells them . Only so many real Dana's out there and everyone wants one !

Good looking out

Point is that's not a B body Dana. A Dana 60 is a Dana 60. If you want a Mopar Dana 60 it's machined for a snubber & the spring perches are on the bottom. I haven't used a snubber on my drag cars since '75. Proper spring combo makes the snubber unnecessary.

Hey, you were willing to share, Thats worthy of a thank you... No reason to feel bad... Lots of truck Danas have been cut down & used, but either you fabricate a snubber mount or you us a four link or ladder bar system...
Those aren’t your only options. They can be used with all sorts of leaf spring combos including stock springs or mono leafs and caltracs. I have a Dana 60 in my shop now that came from a Ford truck that I got for $150. It included a 4.10 posi center section and is also 35 spline. I’m putting mopar housing ends and leaf perches on it.

I narrowed a 1 ton Dodge truck rear axle Dana 60 in my Challenger. Caltrac split mono leaf car so no snubber mount needed. I added supports and wheelie bar brackets just in case.

20170126_211851.jpg 20190807_162944.jpg 20190828_200726.jpg

Truck dana's are fine for lots of things, but they aren't the $$$$ part that a real muscle car era passenger car Mopar car Dana is...

Truck dana's are fine for lots of things, but they aren't the $$$$ part that a real muscle car era passenger car Mopar car Dana is...
I have one of each and a Fab9, but to a lot of people, the pinion snubber provisions, date codes, and originality don’t mean spit.

I can buy truck Dana 60's complete with a Sure Grip pretty much any day of the week for $150... I haven't seen a Mopar Passenger car Dana sell for less than $2500 in years, believe what you want truck Danas are not sought after like a passenger car Dana...

If your racing yes a truck Dana 60 is fine as a starting point, but if your paying big $$$ for it your not looking very hard..

I can buy truck Dana 60's complete with a Sure Grip pretty much any day of the week for $150... I haven't seen a Mopar Passenger car Dana sell for less than $2500 in years, believe what you want truck Danas are not sought after like a passenger car Dana...

If your racing yes a truck Dana 60 is fine as a starting point, but if your paying big $$$ for it your not looking very hard..
We are in agreement, lol, but somehow we’re not communicating lol. I’m only saying, those that want a dana 60 under their car for strength (or racing) using leaf springs can get a hell of a deal buying a truck dana 60 over a highly sought after, high dollar original and still use it with leafs regardless of the lack of snubber provisions. Yes, shouldn’t be paying more than $150 for a complete truck dana.

The prices have definitely gone up on Dana 60 rear axles for B and E bodies these days. Three years ago I bought two 3.54 Dana 60 rear axles,one from a 68 Charger, and one from a 69 Charger at Carlisle. I paid $ 1250.00 for the 68 Dana, and $1100.00 for the 69 Dana. These days the cheapest one I have seen was two grand. Unless you have to have a date coded correct one,anything over two grand, and I am buying a new one.

I had a truck Dana narrowed for my duster. I paid $100.00 for the housing. $250.00 to have it narrowed. $100.00 for housing ends. $150.00 for 4.10 gears. $25.00 for spring pads. $15.00 seals. $800.00 for axles and spool and $200.00 for install kit. That’s just over $1600.00 Canadian So about $1250.00 usd. I used the brakes off of my 8.75. Kim

Auto Transport Service
Back