• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

215/70/15 on a 5” wheel?

sc440

Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Was wondering if a 215/70/15 cooper cobra would work on a 5” wheel? The specs say 5.5-7” but I have 5” weld wheel on front of my 69 roadrunner and would like to use it if possible.

I'm sure it would work but, I'd stick to the suggested size at minimum. What will it do to tread wear and sidewall come to mind

The narrower wheel will cause the sidwalls to bulge. FWIW I just put 205/75-15 on a ... 6" wheel

I have a mt sportsman bias ply on there now. Wanting to put a matching set of radials on, just can’t find anything I like. A 205/70/15 will work on a 5”

I have 5” rim on front and 10” on rear now was not wanting to buy new wheels right now

I have 205/75/15's for front runners and they can be mounted on 5 inch wheels per manf. specs. The taller sidewall allows it (and fills the wheel well). So you might want to look at a taller ratio tire for the skinny fronts.

Your challenge is going to be finding one radial tire that is offered in both fat and tall/skinny sizes, but I'm sure they are out there.

Your challenge is going to be finding one radial tire that is offered in both fat and tall/skinny sizes, but I'm sure they are out there.
They are out there ... Hercules, Toyo, Hancook and a few others. Just make sure they are "trailer" tires as most in that size range are. You want a tire with at least a 97S rating. Mine are Hancook. 205/75R15 28" tall to go on a 69 B body. These are pretty much the same height as what came on the car from the factory ... F78's. I have them on Weld Pro-Stars

Yeah that’s what I am having trouble finding is a matching set in the different sizes was going to run a 275/60/15 on the rear

on what width wheel ?? And what year/model car ?

69 roadrunner 15x5 front 15x10 rear, the slight stretch on the rear hasn’t been a problem with a 275/60/15 they have been on there a long time. I just got new engine in and running tires was purchased in the mid 90’s so not safe to drive on even though the look new. Car is a real a12 car so I have been wanting to put some steelies on it. I have had this car since 1989

Pic for reference

IMG_2782.jpeg

No idea, the guy’s main business is restoring farm tractors. But he’s an awesome body man and painter.

Was wondering if a 215/70/15 cooper cobra would work on a 5” wheel? The specs say 5.5-7” but I have 5” weld wheel on front of my 69 roadrunner and would like to use it if possible.
205 7015 on weld 5'' dragstars , no room for taller tire than that..

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back