• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 point seat belts in a no post hardtop.

Billet Badges

Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to get the interior installed on my 70 Roadrunner and I decided that I would like to install 3 point seat belts in the car instead of just lap belts and don't want to install a roll bar to mount to. The car currently doesn't have a mount point for the shoulder part of the belt along the roof line. Was it optional? If so, where was it mounted? Does anybody have pictures of the mounting location without the headliner? I am open to ideas. Thanks.

I have an October 69 build 70 Road Runner and it has shoulder belts for the front driver and passenger. I thought this was stock. Maybe somebody re-did the headliner and covered up the mounts on your car? I'll get in the garage tonight and take some measurements and pictures.

Thank you. I would like to see what the stock setup looked like. I think back in the day shoulder belts and rear seat belts were optional. Lap belts for the front were probably the standard equipment.

Pics

Forgot the tape measure but remembered the camera. Hope this helps. Hopefully you can look at the location of the clothes hook, then feel forward and find the hole for the mounting bolt.

ebay records 0810 006.jpg

ebay records 0810 007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics. I have it. I feel like a dumb *** for not noticing it earlier. With the dash and seats currently removed from the car, I was looking further forward for the mount hole. After Greg posted his pic, I started to look further back. Swede, that is exactly what I found. Thank you for the pics guys. Humbly yours
-The Dumb ***! :blush:

Auto Transport Service
Back