• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Non AC Change

Tyron68

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I know this has been asked on here a number of times but I still need a little help. I have a 69 charger, 383 factory AC car. I removed all the factory AC stuff as I am going to eventually put in a vintage air kit. With that being said, for the time being I was just going to change the set-up to the non-AC set up. I bought a new water pump pulley off of classic industries and it was way wrong. Over 7” wide and it wouldn’t clear the crankshaft pulley. (My current water pump pulley is the AC one that is just over 5” wide). My question is I am seeing on a few threads where even with the correct water pump pulley that you have to change out the power steering pulley as well to get proper alignment? Can anyone provide both the correct non-AC water pump pulley I need to get as well as the power steering pulley? Part numbers, etc..Thanks

You must change out the AC crank pulley. The correct non AC WP pulley will hit the AC crank pulley. THe non AC WP pulley is 6.5 diameter and 2.75 deep

You must change out the AC crank pulley. The correct non AC WP pulley will hit the AC crank pulley. THe non AC WP pulley is 6.5 diameter and 2.75 deep
I think I have been way over thinking this. Given the fact that I am going to be putting AC kit back on in the next couple of years I’ll just leave the original pulley and compressor on so I don’t have to mess with any of this

Yes.

"Pulley HELL" is not a nice place to be.

Auto Transport Service
Back