• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440+6 Factory cam

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm going to do a rebuild on my 70 RR 440+6 this winter. One of the things i'm going to replace is the cam. I'm trying to find a factory 3 bolt cam & timing chain. Any suggestions where i can get one. I can find it for solid lifters but not for hydraulics. I'm sticking to factory specs since the car is factory original.

Chuck

Call Bob Karakashian AKA Mr Six Pack, 248-477-7776 for day, 248-489-4076 evenings or [email protected] he will sell you a 3 bolt cam that will idle stock and kick a little bit harder.

The six pack cam is no different than a Road Runner cam profile wise. The unseen difference is the low taper lobe to deal with a bit more valve spring.

The six pack cam is no different than a Road Runner cam profile wise. The unseen difference is the low taper lobe to deal with a bit more valve spring.

It is accepted by some that the original A12 cars came with cam profiles different from the typical HP cam, advertised early on with 276/292 duration. Interestingly enough very early literature for the 1967 440 4 speed GTXs advertised to have a cam carrying these specs as well, I'd assume the same for the Dodge R/T.

Got a Mr. Six Pack (Bob Karakashian)Cam in my otherwise stock 440 six pack car and it really rocks.....

Mr. Six Pack lives 4 miles from me, good guy for sure.

the cam and timing set are available from mancini; mopp4529270ae for the cam, mopp5249269 for the timing set. if you still have the original yellow stripe valve springs this is the cam profile that matched them. the mr. 6-pak cams are engles. i've tried a lot of "stock type" profiles in stock 440's and don't think there are any magic profiles. some i like better than others, but no single one arms and legs above the rest.

Auto Transport Service
Back