• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 motor mounts

Orange71SE

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
will these motor mounts on this 440 fit my 1971 charger? I currently have a 318. If thses motor mounts dont fit can someone direct me to te right ones.

IMG_3708.JPG IMG_3709.JPG IMG_3710.JPG IMG_3711.JPG

I believe you will need "conversion motor mounts" if you want to put a 440 in where a 318 used to be and use the same k-member.... I think.

Didn't look close enough. those mounts may be pre -'66. Been too many years since I have looked at them. I think '66 - '72 mount brackets that bolt to the block are the same, biscuits may be different. Look at Mancini too.

No those motor mounts won't work. They appear to be RV or Truck mounts tough to see in the pics as they are that style. Also that is a rear sump Truck oil pan and will not fit your 71 Charger either. I have the correct Big block motor mounts if needed.

will these motor mounts on this 440 fit my 1971 charger? I currently have a 318. If thses motor mounts dont fit can someone direct me to te right ones.

View attachment 405174 View attachment 405175 View attachment 405176 View attachment 405178

If you have two bosses on the front lower right side, you can use '65 motor mounts which are actually stronger because you use the bosses on the front of the engine as opposed to the ears on the side. Please post a pic of your K member so I can see the frame stand-offs for the mounts because my car was 318 to BB and only the mounts were changed as far as I know. You may actually have to weld a new set of stand-offs on the K member but the front bolt on ( provided you have the two bosses ) mount is preferable for engine torquing. It actually appears as if you have the mounts on the wrong side of the ears but then again the pics are hard to see.

You have what looks like an engine from a 4x4 truck. Don't throw the mounts or oil pan/dipstick away, they are still in demand in the truck world. There is also an aluminum plug where the car dipstick goes.

You will need motor mount brackets from a V8 66-72 B or C body or 70-74 E body. The rubber isolators are available everywhere for about $5. You need a center sump oil pan and pickup with a car dipstick.

You will also need a pre 1973 (66-72) water pump with an intake on the drivers side, or you will have to find a new radiator. With the earlier water pumps, you may run into fitment issues trying to use the later accessory brackets and pulleys.

Auto Transport Service
Back