• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

472 Hemi

I bought my 472 in 2002 and they were hard to come by back then. The quality was terrible, they took my engine back and sent me a new one. I have a 2007 Catalogue that lists them for purchase. Just because it is listed doesn't guarantee they were available.

Thanks. Found a car with one in it and wasn't aware of them until then. A quick search and they are still listed for sale in multiple places like this place claiming to have them in stock.

They're still on Summit pages as unavailable etc.

The story with the crate engines was that Mopar sent the parts to a speed shop to assemble them. The parts were so bad they could only make 1 motor a week. Chrysler didn't like that so they had Cummins up in Canada assemble them. I guess they just put them together not really checking the quality of the parts or even quality control of the finished product. So Mopar must have lost a lot of money on bringing them back for us Hemi lovers.

Yeah, Around 03-04 they had allot of problems. We ordered one and a Chrysler factory rep asked how soon did we need it.
The car was under construction so not needed soon. He said that when he is certain the bugs were all worked out we would be contacted about shipment. About a year later we got the call.

Auto Transport Service
Back