• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 64 Polara molding clips

shotaftershot

Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have scoured everywhere for these elusive things.
Does ANYONE have a source for these? Or an alternative that works.

I only need like 5 of the things!

Post a picture. I might have spares here. For the wide moldings or the narrow ones?

Post a picture. I might have spares here. For the wide moldings or the narrow ones?

Sorry I am very new here and learning how this forum works.

I believe the wide.

This is what I THINK I need, but I’m not sure.

I only need maybe 4-5 good ones for a single piece on the rear passenger.

IMG_2673.jpeg

Sorry I am very new here and learning how this forum works.

I believe the wide.

This is what I THINK I need, but I’m not sure.

I only need maybe 4-5 good ones for a single piece on the rear passenger.

View attachment 1720454
They are for the wide trim and make sure you get the plastic push pin so you can install. There are a few metal ones on that trim also. Hopefully some one here can help you out quickly. I have a box of them but where I have no idea as when I moved to my new house lots of this stuff is in boxes from 20 years ago so hunting is not easily done with being busy at work.....

I found a pic showing the metal clips for the large trim..

1725235329631.png

They are for the wide trim and make sure you get the plastic push pin so you can install. There are a few metal ones on that trim also. Hopefully some one here can help you out quickly. I have a box of them but where I have no idea as when I moved to my new house lots of this stuff is in boxes from 20 years ago so hunting is not easily done with being busy at work.....

View attachment 1720510
Oh wow.

I have only seen the plastic ones pop on me..

The “Polara” piece is solid as a rock. It’s just that little one between that and my back door(4dr).

Could you explain to me which one is which and where they go?

I really appreciate all of the info everyone! You’re all a blessing!

And also…how they work? Hah my understanding of them just went out the window when you told me that pin is push.

And also…how they work? Hah my understanding of them just went out the window when you told me that pin is push.
That hole in the middle takes a round pin. So the actual clip goes into the sheet metal then the pin goes in the hole and flares out the backside to lock the clip to the body. Hope that helps.

That absolutely does!

Fingers crossed I can find some sooner than later.
If nothing else the next step is to hopefully find someone who can 3d print me some.

I found 6 good used wide ones with pins. Just pull the pins out and lube them with vaseline before pounding the pins back into the installed clips. I also coat the trim holes with Vaseline to prevent rust from starting there. $20.00 should cover shipping from N5H 2R2 in Ontario. Send me a PM with your information.

Auto Transport Service
Back