• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury in Texas Hill Country

Larrywre

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I thought it was time to say hello, I have been lurking in the forum for a few weeks.

HELLO to all from The Texas Hill Country!

I have a 1964 Sport Fury that I purchased in March, yes pictures are attached. I found the car in South Carolina and flew over to check it out. The car was in very good shape with fewer than 6000 miles since a complete rebuild. So we decided to drive it back to Texas, only a little over 1200 miles.

Amazingly no real problems on the trip, very large storm in Louisiana where we had a little problem with the retainer on the passenger side wiper arm. Tied it up and finished the trip without any more problems. I think we were very lucky, less than 200 miles after getting to the house the front wheel bearing on the passenger side went out with the spindle. But that is another story!

This is the second 1964 Sport Fury I have owned, the first was at the age of 19 in 1966 when I picked up a very nice one. I raced that car for a few years, rebuild the 383 two times. Then Uncle Sam decided I should be doing other things for a couple of years. After the Army came a family, so the car had to go. So 47 years later I decided it was time to look for a 1960’s B Body again.

1.jpg 1-s.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Welcome Larry! I see you know the drill, thanks for the pics! Very nice ride!

Thank you for your service :thumbsup:

Welcome, nice Sport Fury. I like the early Bs also.

welcome to the site from San Antonio, nice ride, and Thank You for your service.

Nice Sport Fury too...

welcome to FBBO from NorCal mountain country

Welcome, now that's how a Sport Fury is supposed to look!:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back