• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Belvedere 2 Door Post Rust Repair with 4 Door Donor Car?

Mopar Muscle

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I have a '65 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Door post. It was an eBay purchase that was from and ignorant or dishonest seller. It was restored by a previous owner 15+ years ago and started from a "southern rust free car". Turns out from what found, car was sold out Ohio and restored in Pennsylvania....guessing it never made it out of the area. Long story short, this car has lots of bad rust repair and bondo that I'm going to fix correctly.

I need a new left rear wheel arch, bottom of rear window frame, top of windown/top of C-pillar, and a little of the trunk floor pan from what I can tell today. I'm looking for a donor car, but won't even consider cutting up a 2 door post car. Would a 4 door be a good donor car? Specifically asking for the rear windows area. Anyone know how close the curves from the quarter area to rear windows frame?

Last edited:
Yes, you can even graft your 2 door post car components onto the 4 door if you find one in better condition and convert the 4 door into a 2 door.

Thanks for the info! I knew the entire side of the body could be grafted, but wasn't sure about specifics with the rear window frame and geometry/shape of curves.

Auto Transport Service
Back