• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Roof Rail Channel

DanDokken

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Hello
Starting assembly after paint and ran into this issue with the trim that holds the roof weatherstripping and where it meets the vent window. Please take a look at my photos and see if this is correct. I did do the disassembly and the manual is not clear enough in the photos.

Thanks, Dan

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

Dan, I studied the RR weather strip issue when doing my 65 Belvedere and found Steel makes the correct fitting weather strip. Other brands use straight strips without a bonded joint at the C pillar down angle. Of course I did not purchase Steel brand WS. I did cut a vee out and rebonded with WS adhesive to make the angle fit better. I can't see from your photos what problem you are having toward the front. The front of the WS has a steel insert for screw retention and the channel has a adjustable section to allow for any adjustment needed. I found the channel had to be installed to the outside of the car to get my glass to seal properly. Did you use closed cell foam to seal the channel to the roof?
Mike

Mike
Sorry for confusing post. I have all the trim pieces but not labeled. I wanted to confirm the channel I show is for the driver side where it meets the vent window. I did buy Steele and they fit perfect in a test fit.

Mike
How does this look? Am I close with room for adjustment when vent window is in?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think you are positioning the WS too far forward. Check the hole pattern in the roof. I have to look at mine, if I'm wrong I will get back.
Mike
I went out and eyed my installation: the 2 front screws are located behind the curve down to the cowl. In the last of the flat stretch.
Mike

I think you are positioning the WS too far forward. Check the hole pattern in the roof. I have to look at mine, if I'm wrong I will get back.
Mike
I went out and eyed my installation: the 2 front screws are located behind the curve down to the cowl. In the last of the flat stretch.
Mike
Thanks for help in this
Trial and error like you said

Auto Transport Service
Back