• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Sill plate trim piece ?

jimbosride

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey ... Am I missing a trim piece here around the back seat ? or is this normal ??

65 Coronet 2dr

:thankyou:

20241008_200845~2.jpg

yea ... the carpet is a little short . Just wondering if I'm missing some trim?

If there isn’t a trim piece for back there you might try a WTB ad for a set of used plates and cut the rear extension off and mount them behind your existing plates to cover the area.

Hey ... Am I missing a trim piece here around the back seat ? or is this normal ??

65 Coronet 2dr

:thankyou:

View attachment 1739372

yea ... the carpet is a little short . Just wondering if I'm missing some trim?
You made me go out and check my 64 Polara HT,,, maybe they're different than a Coronet? But in 64 they were 1 piece and fit the car properly.
Also, it appears that you possibly have a 4dr seat bottom. Like mine has
20241013_140255.jpg
20241013_140302.jpg

Remchargers pics are correct...

Ditto for Quickbpbp's post...

I know several years ago correct ones were repopped...then sold out and were no longer available...

'65 Coronet Sedan survivor:

View attachment 1741547
You guys are right. I sit corrected.
As I posted, I vaguely remembered an extension inner trim that covered that portion of the interior floor rug, but forgot in the midst of creating a super light interior without the rug. Glad some cats here had photos because I thought I was bugging.
Carry on.

My 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop looks like the one @VANDAN posted. Purchased from Layson's. I just needed passenger side. As @QuickBpBp said, they are different on the vert.
20241015_115206.jpg

My 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop looks like the one @VANDAN posted. Purchased from Layson's. I just needed passenger side. As @QuickBpBp said, they are different on the vert.
View attachment 1742062
ok mine is not that long so I my have the wrong one ? But what does the shorter one I have fit? or is it a bad re-pop design ?

ok mine is not that long so I my have the wrong one ? But what does the shorter one I have fit? or is it a bad re-pop design ?
See post 10. If nice someone WILL want it.

If you want to buy the correct ones, there are vendors that sell all 4 - 2 inner and 2 outer. Layson's is the only vendor I found that sells just the inner. If someone needs just the driver side inner, they can have mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back