• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Instrument panel light bulbs - LED equivalent

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Is there a quality LED replacement bulb for the bulbs in the 66/67 instrument cluster that is brighter? One that someone has actually used? Also preferably ones that are dimmable but there may not be such a thing.

Last edited:
Yup. Amazon generic LED equivalents to original "158" bulbs. Got a 20pk for $13. Yes they will dim, but not manufacturer specified. Many choices on Amazon. I have replaced most of the lighting on the Satellite with LED bulbs over time including front markers, tail lights, interior... left the Wagner headlights, for now.

IMG_1984 Large.png

Last edited:
Which ones did you use? There are many different configuration LEDs on Amazon. I’ve read to try to use wire angle ones.

I used these from Amazon. They are dimmable For some reason the turn signal indicators bulbs did not play nice. Even with an LED bulb flasher they would make the signals flash slow. Put the original bulbs in and problem solved. Might be an isolated to me issue though

Marsauto 194 LED Bulb 6000K White... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L3WBDN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_6142.jpeg

Superbright LED’s.com.
Search by year, make, model. I don’t know that any of these instrument led bulbs are dimmable

IMG_2317.jpeg

I was wondering about the turn signals. I have bulbs in both the hood locations and the instrument cluster and thought maybe that would be enough load for them to work. But maybe not.

Do you have both hood and cluster turn signal bulbs in place?

I have fender mount signals too. Those bulbs are regular incandescent as well. For what ever reason the dash indicator LED did not work.

I also have LED in front & rear signals using and LED flasher as well. Zero issues.

My dash turn signal indicator LED's came out of the same package as they are "158"s also. Installed a "heavy duty" LED flasher unit. Signals work great, flash normally, as do hazards. Most of the replacement LED cover 158, 168, 2825, etc.

IMG_3420 Large.png
IMG_3421 Large.png

I might try one first in my 66 turn signal and see what happens. It lacks factory AC so I should be able to change them without pulling the cluster back. My 67 has AC though and it’s nearly hopeless changing dash lights out in it without pulling the cluster.

I ended up going with the Superbriteleds. So far they have worked in everything I put them in including the dash turn signal indicators. And they do seem to dim pretty close to normal. Didn’t replace the one in the radio as it would have required a lot more under dash disassembly due to AC but it lights up pretty well anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back