• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger stop light wiring.

Jamesjames

Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
hello all,
I am trying to understand how to wiring works on the stop switch on my 66 charger. I have the diagram and i can follow it reasonably well, but i am still lost. The white wire goes from the the stop light switch to the turn signals. Then what? what am i missing. How does the white wire power connect to the turn signals? Thanks.

Pink wire power to brake light switch. White wire gets power when switch activated, takes power to the turn signal switch.

The magic happens inside the switch.

Power comes out on the wires for the right turn signals (brown) and left turn signals (dark green). 2 wires per socket, these turns and one (black) for tail light. 2 filaments per bulb.

The turn signals are on a different wire coming into turn signal switch.

easy!

Pink wire power to brake light switch. White wire gets power when switch activated, takes power to the turn signal switch.

The magic happens inside the switch.

Power comes out on the wires for the right turn signals (brown) and left turn signals (dark green). 2 wires per socket, these turns and one (black) for tail light. 2 filaments per bulb.

The turn signals are on a different wire coming into turn signal switch.

easy!
Okay so with the multimeter I know I got power from the white wire to the turn signals but I don’t think I am getting power from the turn signals. Do I just need to replace the switch? My turn signals work, surprisingly.

Auto Transport Service
Back