• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger turns more one way

Loulang

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
My 66 Charger will turn more one way than the other and it can’t be adjusted anymore without fear of tierod coming out. Anyone have this happen? What am I missing? Nothing is loose all joints are good. Is something on backwards? I haven’t messed with anything besides trying to align it more so that it’s equal. Appreciate all and any help Thanks

I want to take it in to get aligned with the machine but don’t want them to tell me what’s wrong and wanna charge me a rediculous amount. The nearest place is at least a 60 mile round trip

Aftermarket steering wheel? These can be installed straight up without sector shaft being centered.

Aftermarket steering wheel? These can be installed straight up without sector shaft being centered.
Nope she’s original

image.jpg

Did you convert it? Mine does the same after I converted to manual steering. Must have gotten the the pitman arm out a 1/4, but at the strip most of my turns are one way so I left it ever since :lol:

I didn’t convert it to manual its power. I did get a modern feel gear box but it did it when I got the vehicle. She turns left more than right.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back