• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet/Cigar Lighter Fuse

coronet-flyer

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Seeking advice on what the cause(s) might be causing this fuse to blow. I have replaced this SFE 20A fuse twice doing the following:
1st time: Depressed/Engaged the lighter element - it blew
2nd time: Used test light; when test light probe made contact with the in dash lighter
housing/receiver. Your input is greatly appreciated

IMG_0714.jpeg

Look at the lighter itself .... I had one that grounded out as soon as you pressed it in. I think there is an insulator washer involved.

I will get under the dash and check to see if it’s missing the insulator washer. Thank you, I didn’t know about the washer
Again, thanks for your reply.
I needed a break from waxing the 66, it’s got acres of metal to I will let you know what I find.

I once found a penny that got stuck inside.

I will get under the dash and check to see if it’s missing the insulator washer. Thank you, I didn’t know about the washer
Again, thanks for your reply.
I needed a break from waxing the 66, it’s got acres of metal to I will let you know what I find.
Did a topside & under dash inspection of lighter. The red wire to lighter in good shape.
Topside lighter was very loose. Unscrewed lighter bezel and removed female portion of lighter assembly. It needed to be cleaned. I did not find an insulator washer-(I.W.) anywhere.
Where would the insulator washer be on the assembly? If my car requires a I.W. I am guessing it would go between the lighter bezel and the dash??? I couldn’t find anything on the www about a I.W. for 66 Coronet.

Auto Transport Service
Back