• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet front suspension

norms66

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I’m having an issue with my front suspension. When you move the car 50 feet the front end rises up 3 inches and stays up. But if you drive the car back 50 feet it goes back down. I checked the front end and the lower control arm bushings were wiped out. Ok so I replaced all the bushings upper n lower. Ball joints and and all the steering linkage from tie rod to tie rod. So then I go to drive the car and the same thing happens again. What would cause the torsion bars to load up. It still needs a wheel alignment I find it hard to believe that the alignment would be the cause of it. Anybody ever heard of this happening. Thanks

alignment
Should cure the problem. Excessive toe. Oddly had the same happen on a 66 that we were working on.
Helper was assisting while checking toe with a tape measure. Didn't grasp the concept of where I wanted the tip on his side to go. After the" What the heck ? " We checked it again and the toe was over a inch toed out.
Reset and all was good.
Welcome to the site !

Should cure the problem. Excessive toe. Oddly had the same happen on a 66 that we were working on.
Helper was assisting while checking toe with a tape measure. Didn't grasp the concept of where I wanted the tip on his side to go. After the" What the heck ? " We checked it again and the toe was over a inch toed out.
Reset and all was good.
Welcome to the site !

Auto Transport Service
Back