• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Console Lid attachment (4 spd console if that matters)

pwm72

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Would anyone have a picture of the hardware used to attach the console lid to the hinge? My car was in pieces and I can't see to find what kind of nuts are used as the studs on the lid itself don't seem to be threaded in the traditional way. I would appreciate it.

I thought they were acorn nuts until I went out to the garage. My 67 Satellite has these which look very similar to the ones AR67GTX posted.

20240826_204843.jpg

20240826_210145.jpg

Pretty sure they are original since the car had never been apart before me, but I've only owned it 37 of its 57 years so I don't know everything done in it's first 20. I don't think I've ever taken them off even though I've taken the console out a couple of times. Never had a reason to remove the door from the hinge.

I have not run across the pal nuts before on the console plate but that’s not too surprising as I haven’t owned but a few. Almost all of these cars have been messed with over the years. Possibly it varied from assembly plant to assembly plant or whatever the parts vendors were offering at any particular time.

The acorn or pal nuts probably do work better as the thread cutting area is at the bottom instead of the head of the nut so it threads further down the stud.

Last edited:
I've only seen the chrome acorns, likely they are to keep you from scratching your hand up on the studs

Auto Transport Service
Back