• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet headlight surround trim fasteners

cherokeechief79

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
how is this held in place?they seem to have screws deep in the center but what about where it meets the fender and hood?
both sides on mine are loose.
are there clips i can buy?

No they can’t be purchased they are fabricated. I don’t have a photo to show you what they looked like.

are they attached to the fender?
or is there something on the aluminum trim itself?

This should help you with what they look like

IMG_2605.png

They're made of sheetmetal with bends. One end is riveted to the surround and the other end is wedged under the lip of the aluminum and has a bolt that secures it to the fender. I believe there are 3 on each side. The two you can see here and another one down in the bottom corner.

gr1.jpg
gr2.jpg

awesome thanks for taking the time to give me detailed pix
ill have to fab something up similar i guess

after looking i think these youve shown are the lower ones right?
is it the same up top where it meets the trim in the front of the hood?
thats where mine is not secure.

after looking i think these youve shown are the lower ones right?
is it the same up top where it meets the trim in the front of the hood?
thats where mine is not secure.

The photos above should be the top driver side. The part with red overspray would be next to the hood trim. Here's a different photo with the approximate locations of the 3 studs that secure to the fender. They're accessed from up underneath the fender. Yours may have rusted off.

gr3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back