• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX Seat Covers

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Legendary has a 241 day wait on seat covers for my application. PG Classic has them available right now in the red that I need. I can buy the complete set, front and rear from them for 1/2 or less than Legendary. Has anyone used their 67 GTX or Satellite covers? If so how is the quality, compared to Legendary's? The wait of more than 2/3 a year and over twice the cost has me seriously wondering about the PG Classic product. In the past everything I have purchased from PG Classic has been top notch, but I have always used Legendary interior products unless they didn't make it, for my OE restorations. What does everyone think?

Don't they all get the covers from the same place and put their name on it?
That hasn't been the case that I know of. PUI made covers in the past as well as Legendary. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Legendary makes covers for other vendors.

That hasn't been the case that I know of. PUI made covers in the past as well as Legendary. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Legendary makes covers for other vendors.
They are resold by other suppliers though.

Jerry, If you are seeking covers in the metallic red I would try to get a sample of the vinyl from them to make sure it’s close enough to the original to satisfy you. The wait is a real pain with Legendary but they do get their covers right. Mine I just installed were pretty much perfect.

My BIL used PUI covers on his 66 Satellite.
(Dual cowboy scroll)

They look very good.

There was a difference in the skirt vs OE</Legendary.
The PUI covers basically have no white skirt material- it's the cover face all the way down.

Are the PG Classics covers PUI?
I know they don't like to divulge the actual MFG sometimes, which I find incredibly annoying and borderline dishonest.

PG makes there own. They are NOT PUI .
From what Im told the color is slightly off compared to OE ( not as prismatic so to speak , if that makes sense)
And the depth of the scroll work is lighter compared to Legendary

All comes down to what you can live with .
if its a keeper car, Legendary
if tis a resell piece, PG

me personally, I would bite the bullet with Legendary

Jerry, you could always use a milk crate to drive around on whilst you wait for the Legendary covers :lol:

My BIL used PUI covers on his 66 Satellite.
(Dual cowboy scroll)

They look very good.

There was a difference in the skirt vs OE</Legendary.
The PUI covers basically have no white skirt material- it's the cover face all the way down.

Are the PG Classics covers PUI?
I know they don't like to divulge the actual MFG sometimes, which I find incredibly annoying and borderline dishonest.
I put PUI in my 66 Satellite.
The color and material are very nice but the detail of the Western Scroll is not as detailed as the original.
Depends how much of a purist you are.
1718288003230.png

1718288076183.png

Auto Transport Service
Back