• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 R/t hood replacement - what fits

Bill76

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what years and models hood will fit a 67 R/t obviously a 67 Coronet , but what other years and models share the same dimensions . I would think mopar shared sheet metal from other years and models like other auto makers. I don't have access to a Hollander manual to look up such info.
The reason I ask is I want to put a real hood scoop on and do not want to destroy the factory original hood that's on the car to do it. That will be tucked away if I ever want to go back to stock.
Thanks in advance for any help Bill

Could anyone tell me what years and models hood will fit a 67 R/t obviously a 67 Coronet , but what other years and models share the same dimensions . I would think mopar shared sheet metal from other years and models like other auto makers. I don't have access to a Hollander manual to look up such info.
The reason I ask is I want to put a real hood scoop on and do not want to destroy the factory original hood that's on the car to do it. That will be tucked away if I ever want to go back to stock.
Thanks in advance for any help Bill
I believe that 1966 and 1967 Coronets and Chargers are basically the same hood but when it comes to the R/T there are access holes in the hood frame for attaching the R/T scoop and I don't know if 66 Coronet and Charger have those holes These holes could always be added if you had the right measurements.

You’re limited. 2 years only, Charger and Coronet. Never looked at a Plymouth hood for this purpose but I think they’re different.

Thanks guys that the info I needed. My plan is to mount a ramcharger type hood scoop on a stock hood make four fake hood pins , paint it matt black and mount it on the stock hinges and in the end I would have a fake looking lift off hood without the hassle--something different without altering my stock hood.
Now to run an ad on craigslist and see what pops up locally -- thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back