• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 B Body front end dimension help request

SGTPaul

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
While working on my 68 charger I'm thinking my dimension on the front sheet metal might be a little off and would like to get the following dimensions as shown on the picture below.

A = out to out dimension on L brackets at the radiator support to inner fender.
B = back side of passenger side stud on cowl bracket to outer corner of the driver side L bracket at the radiator support to inner fender.
C = back side of driver side stud on cowl bracket to outer corner of the passenger side L bracket at the radiator support to inner fender.
D = back side of driver side stud on cowl bracket to outer corner of the driver side L bracket at the radiator support to inner fender.
E = back side of passenger side stud on cowl bracket to outer corner of the passenger side L bracket at the radiator support to inner fender.
F = out to out dimension on the brackets on the cowl.

Thanks in advance!

2024 08 body work 003.jpg

Hi Paul, Are your fenders and hood not fitting right?
I would be glad to get those for dimensions for you BUT, I replaced the upper cowl and the cowl bracket with the stud. So my dimensions would not be factory. I'm sure someone will lend a hand.

Hi Don, things seem off. My car had been in an accident so not sure how accurate my baseline dimensions are. Factory dimensions would be best. Thanks for the offer.

THE most critical items to proper front end fitment are A) straight frame rails and B) those cowl brackets. The cowl brackets dictate the hood opening (as me how I know !!)

As long as the frame rails are correct the front rad support will fit properly.
As long as the cowl brackets are in the correct location then between those and the rad support everything will pretty much drop into place.

Just keep in mind that when you're fitting the inner fenders they're not a "perfect fit" - look at an original car and you'll see that they weren't perfect from the factory either !!

Auto Transport Service
Back