• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Headlight Door Actuators

danf_fl

Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
I am installing electric headlight door actuators.

I finally got some time to work them in.
I'm tapping off the low beam light wire to supply power to "open", and running a wire to the start block terminal for power to "close".

I would like to put an in-line fuse in the wire to the start terminal, but the instructions do not include what amp fuse should be used.

The reason for the fuse is that if something should go wrong with the actuators, the fuse blows, but I still can make it home versus having something ground out the terminal.

No specs or details in the kit? You can either fuse it based on the size of the wire, OR take a DC amp reading of the actuators operating, and use that number x 1.5 to size the fuse.

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town.

Thanks. The wires in (and out) of controller box look to be smaller than #14. Instructions state to tap into the low beam at the dimmer switch for power to open the doors. A 2A fuse should work.

Auto Transport Service
Back