• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68 Coronet B-body rear roof brace and trunk lid hinge braces needed

Craig

Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for the very back roof brace that is part of the upper rear window channel and it holds the headliner sharks teeth.
AMD makes all of the roof braces, except the very rear, which rusts out.
Also need the braces that go from the rear inner wheel well up to the Dutchman panel. It is the two braces that the trunk lid hinges attach to.
I can send pics if needed.
Thanks,
Craig

We have what you are looking for. The rear roof brace on a 2dr car. Also, have the trunklid hinge support braces too. I am at
the All Chrysler at Carlisle show right now,
and probably be home by Wednesday. That would be great if you would post some pics
here on the thread, and I will check ithem out.

Great, thanks for replying
I will post them tomorrow
Craig

Hi,

Here is the rear roof brace that I need. First three pictures are all of the same part. Pictures were taken from inside the car looking up, out the back window.
This brace is also part of the upper rear window channel as well.
Last pic is of one side of the two wheel well to dutchman panel braces that i need. These also hold the trunk lid hinges as well. As you can see, the top part that is welded to the dutchman panel is rusted/gone.
Thanks,
Craig

20240707_142731.jpg

20240707_142733.jpg

20240707_142735.jpg

20240707_142743.jpg

Pretty sure AMD makes everything you need...........

amd bow.JPG

trunk brackets.JPG

That’s for the Charger.
Rear window is completely different between the Charger and the rest of the B bodies.
I also called AMD to see if it was in their future to reproduce it for the non Charger b bodies and they said they don’t have any plans to do so.

Hi,
Those don’t look quite like mine.
The ones on my 68 Coronet look wider. You can see that there is about 2.5 inches behind the large opening to the rear of the brace. Yours look like they have about a half inch.

Are those from another body style, or years

Auto Transport Service
Back