• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet r/t w/ 440 leaking antifreeze out the overflow tube

JOMIDABR

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Motor is running absolutely perfect and strong. Temperature is steady at around 190-200 degrees. drove about 40 miles last night and stopped for gas afterwards and the antifreeze was pouring out of the overflow tube. Any suggestions on steps to diagnose the problem?? I appreciate the help. :headbang:

What did the temp climb to after you stopped?
Perhaps something as simple as a weak radiator cap.
Know also that these critters are known to get rid of excess coolant they don't want - they don't want to be "plumb full" of coolant, so sometimes when we top the radiator off, next stop they'll barf a little.

most mopars reach a level they run at...after it burbs...run it and watch the temp...most likely will be the same as before the discharge

Leave at least 2-2 1/2 inches to top of radiator. Do not over fill coolant. Let it burp and settle in.

Temp stayed about the same at @ 190. Coolant is now about 1.5 inches below the top. Also, tried a new cap tonight. Take er out in the morning and see. based on yours and other responses, I think I might of just had too much coolant in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back