• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T

kevin403

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

Just got my car freshly painted and back home for some more TLC. A bit about my car; it's a 1968 Coronet R/T, B5 blue, with a 4 speed, all numbers car. Car has been in the family since it was bought new. I know a lot of you are into the stock look and a few of you like the Pro Touring cars of which I love both.

I have since had both quarters replaced with the AMD newer OE style pieces, filled the rocker molding holes and the car was repainted in a Dodge Viper GTS Blue. I have purchased a set of Bonspeed Huntington Wheels, 19x8 and 20x10 and these will be wrapped in a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports (as soon as some money comes my way). I have the RMS full coild over suspension going on with the power rack and pinion.

Interior wise, it will change from the light/med blue to white and blue interior.
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
New Image.jpg
photo 3.jpg

Let me know what you think

That's a lot of wheel but it might work out. I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my daily driver and they're the best tires I've ever had. Great looking car though, nice colour choice. Keep us updated!

Awesome looking.

I love the baby for comparison photo haha!

I am going for pro touring as well but you are further along than I am!

love the story. color is awsome. I'll let you know on the wheels.but if they make you happy, that;'s all that matters.

Very nice, I love the wheels "I was actually looking at those for mine in 18" 19"). I've seen 20"s on these cars and as long as you get the stance right they look killer. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. Thus has been a project in the making for the last um-teen years. I have constantly changed my mind from making it all original or customizing it to the way I want. I opted for the later so I can enjoy driving it like a modern day vehicle. I hear too many guys fix these up and sell them because they don't enjoy driving the car.

I tell ya, this hobby is especially hard when your wife isn't really on board with you for your passion. Don't blame her though, these things are the biggest money pits you can imagine. Gotta be smart though keeping her happy is what you need to do to avoid expensive divorce. After all it's just a car... Ya right. Haha

I wish I had the time and patience a lot of you have. It's so amazing when I see and read about some of you building your dream rides. Especially to the extent of making it as is from the factory. Big shout out to all the guys that keep trying to make these big beasts handle and perform to keep the fire going to keep the culture alive!

I used to get some grief when i'd come home from work and head for the garage. That was until I bought her an old car that she'd wanted .......like night and day.

What did you get her BC?

I think it was bought in Alberta. I'll have to find out for sure what dealership. Distant relative originally bought it new. My grandpa bought it for my uncle from a cousin, back in 79 for $1,800. My Uncle only drove it for 5000 miles over 5 years before he crashed it twice, passenger 1/4 panel both times. Lol. Couldn't afford insurance after that so it sat in the garage. Currently it is still sitting in a garage. Haha

Only had 55,000 miles when I got it.

nice looking RT ,great color ,the little guy like hanging out with pops I see he`s a cuttie

20th Wedding Anniversary. only took me the 20 years to get it.
'72 VW Kharmia Ghia

Nice car

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. He's my second little boy. 6 weeks old there. Hopefully he will like cars like his older brother.

Auto Transport Service
Back