• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX door lock pillars

Wojo68

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Need some advice here. Gotta get door jamb lock pillars, for both sides. Online, they are only mentioned for hardtops. Is there a difference in the DLP’s from a convertible to a hardtop? Thanks guys!

Kinda sorta yes. The "whole part" varies a little bit. I believe near the top it's slightly different for hardtops and convertibles so there's room for a window to roll up. Near the lock area, convertibles have a brass "stricker plate" that the hardtops & coups don't.

BUT....if you just need to repair the area where the lock striker goes, that section is the same for all 3 body types

Kinda sorta yes. The "whole part" varies a little bit. I believe near the top it's slightly different for hardtops and convertibles so there's room for a window to roll up. Near the lock area, convertibles have a brass "stricker plate" that the hardtops & coups don't.

BUT....if you just need to repair the area where the lock striker goes, that section is the same for all 3 body types
And it appears no one repops these for convertibles. I know what you mean about that brass striker plate. The top where the window rolls up looks real similar. I need to do a little more research. Thank you

Henry, I have a pair of usable dlp's for a '68 convertible if you need them.

Auto Transport Service
Back