• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68 to 69 B Body Hood Hinge Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

threewood

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Previous owner removed the springs from my hood hinges so I need a set of springs. I will entertain complete hood hinge set as well.

Is your 68-69 a Charger or non-Charger model, and if not a Charger does it have air grabber or ramcharger . The springs are different

I have a non-charger, non-air grabber set available.

Well, crud. I didn't think there was a difference. Mine is a 1969 GTX with the N96 Air Grabber hood. What is the difference in the hinge and /or springs?

Well, crud. I didn't think there was a difference. Mine is a 1969 GTX with the N96 Air Grabber hood. What is the difference in the hinge and /or springs?

Well that is a good question! Maybe Moparparts can answer! I don't know the answer. Learn something every day!

The ones I have came off the car pictured in my avatar.....the springs are about the only thing that survived from the hood! LOL

The ones I have came off the car pictured in my avatar.....the springs are about the only thing that survived from the hood! LOL
I have been following your build thread with interest. Pretty neat original find on the parts car. Let me go get some pictures of my hinges to see what is up...

Here are the pics of my hinges with some measurements full open and closed. They have some remaining silver paint so I believe them to be original.
20160614_203359.jpg
20160614_203455.jpg
20160614_203636.jpg

The hinges are the same for 68-69 but the springs for the air grabber/ramcharger hood where designed different to help hold the added weight of those components and do have different Chrysler part numbers accordingly. The 70 hinge itself is also different than the 68-69 and has a diffferent part #

Previous owner removed the springs from my hood hinges so I need a set of springs. I will entertain complete hood hinge set as well.
I have a few hinges and some loose springs. If you still need some and know what you need start a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back