• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Bee accelerator pedal placement

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
I replaced the driver side floor pan when I was doing my restoration. Just getting to the point where I need to put in the accelerator pedal. I am realizing there are no holes drilled for it. The pedal base itself is not flat. it has a Divet pushed down where the two bolts come out. There’s no similar marking on my floor pan. Is it supposed to have one Or is that for The base to sit down in the carpet? Does anyone have a picture on the floor pan of where the pedal goes?

image.jpg

That's just for the carpet thickness. Try a search, both Justin and I showed numerous times over the past few years where the holes go...I'm in the middle of the ta doo list so I'm allowed to go back to the shop... lol

...and your rubber is seperated from the metal, I presume so those nice new shinny long bolts could go in.

That's just for the carpet thickness. Try a search, both Justin and I showed numerous times over the past few years where the holes go...I'm in the middle of the ta doo list so I'm allowed to go back to the shop... lol

...and your rubber is seperated from the metal, I presume so those nice new shinny long bolts could go in.
Thank you, I did have to put in new bolts. And yes that’s why the rubber is folded up. I did look at your threads to see how the carpet fit and if the hinged Accelerator/roller piece on the firewall was supposed to go on top or under the carpet. I see that you cut around it. I’ll search again for the whole placement

Carpet is cut, but mine is not in the correct place on the carpet I have been told. Although I duplicated where it was from the OE carpet back in 1988. Another thing to browse for "correct" location of carpet placement.

Carpet is cut, but mine is not in the correct place on the carpet I have been told. Although I duplicated where it was from the OE carpet back in 1988. Another thing to browse for "correct" location of carpet placement.
Yeah, I looked at a couple of the pictures from your thread. I got it up in there and all of the molded areas of the carpet are nice and tight on the floor. I just trimmed around the roller arm.

Ha yes. I just found the same problem. But I had a spare floor nearby.

upload_2021-2-13_18-42-17.jpeg
upload_2021-2-13_18-41-34.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back