• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger, 426 hemi tko 600 engine angle/accessories question..

INTMD8

Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I bought this car as a partially completed project and it came with the setup it currently has.

I prefer a more original look to the March accessory drive and aluminum radiator with electric fans.

It -appears- to have a decent angle on the engine in relation to the chassis which I'm guessing is due to the tko600 (Keisler) setup.

My question is, based on the photos do you think I could run a stock accessory setup (power steering/alternator, v-belts and mechanical fan) with a stock type radiator and shroud or does it appear I would have fitment issues?

Any input appreciated,

Thanks!

8oPSdC.jpg

5hKu0i.jpg

7mUs7o.jpg

I would leave it the way it is. A lot of work for no real gain.
I like the electric fan system a lot better than the mechanical fan.

Hello, I bought this car as a partially completed project and it came with the setup it currently has.

I prefer a more original look to the March accessory drive and aluminum radiator with electric fans.

It -appears- to have a decent angle on the engine in relation to the chassis which I'm guessing is due to the tko600 (Keisler) setup.

My question is, based on the photos do you think I could run a stock accessory setup (power steering/alternator, v-belts and mechanical fan) with a stock type radiator and shroud or does it appear I would have fitment issues?

Any input appreciated,

Thanks!

View attachment 650396
View attachment 650397
View attachment 650398

It sure would be tight, but I am sure it can be done. I myself took the electric fans off and went back to mechanical due to the draw they have on a "stockish" electrical system. I have a 7/8 spacer machined down roughly .100" on a mechanical 7 blade 18" fan on my 440 68 Charger with a nice fit. I chose to lose the horsepower and gain the cooling needed with the non clutch style fan. You should be able to make something fit without too much of an issue. I assume the stock K frame is retained? If so, the motor mounts are most likely in the same position and therefore you should have a decent amount of room still. If anything, the radiator might need to be spaced out a bit from the core support on top to accommodate the tilt of the engine if its tilting a bit more back than stock.

Man I understand likeing the stock stuff but the coin has already been spent on that pull setup it works and is light years more advanced (better ) then the old v belt! I'd leave it be ! Your asking for problems if you change it ! I will assume it had stock v belts and stuff on it at a point and someone found it didn't fit ! So they were forced to buy that setup ! That fan will be extremely close to that rad!!!!
Even if it clears sitting there it might not with a load on the eng ,things flex!

Appreciate the input guys. Maybe I'll just try to paint what I have satin black. It is functional, just looks more like it belongs in a street rod than a 69 Charger.

My input is leave it. Serpentine belts and electric fans are on all new cars for a reason, they are far superior. Can't argue belt contact surface and a fan that runs at max rpm while your at idle when you need it most but get the want for an original look, that setup should be a plus in reliability.

My biggest concern would be that angle, having installed a Keisler TKO 600 I know exactly what your talking about. Your exhaust will hang lower, your fan (if mechanical) will be higher, pinion angle will most likely be off.......... The only correct fix is to cut the crossmember and floor and make it right but that's a real PITA. Hope everything falls together nicely for you:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back