• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger tach question

bob32268

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
When ordering a 69 Charger from a MOPAR dealer and you wanted a tach for your car; was the "Tic-Tock Tach" the only thing available or did they have a tach available without the clock feature ?
Thanks
Bob32268

Far as I know the tachometer always had the clock.
Thanks for your reply pnora.... I think the 1970 had a tach without the clock.... damn clocks never worked worth a damn anyway !
Tks,
Bob32268

Thanks for your reply pnora.... I think the 1970 had a tach without the clock.... damn clocks never worked worth a damn anyway !
Tks,
Bob32268
I do not think 70 did. 68-70 Rally clusters were pretty much the same. Clock was a stand alone option and in some packages. Any time the Tachometer option was selected it automatically had the clock.

Clock was standard on '68-'69 Charger. Not on '70 except for 500.

Tic-toc tach was same for 68-70 models. So was clock only. As suggested, clock was standard on 68-69 Charger models. It was also standard on 70 500 model and optional on other 70 models. There is an aftermarket tach only...IMO it looks horrible.

Tic-toc tach was same for 68-70 models. So was clock only. As suggested, clock was standard on 68-69 Charger models. It was also standard on 70 500 model and optional on other 70 models. There is an aftermarket tach only...IMO it looks horrible.
Thanks for your reply, are there any pics available of the horrible looking aftermarket tach around, like in a parts catalog etc.?
Tks,
Bob32268

Redlineguageworks.com marketed a tach only mounted in a ralley clock bracket.
The tach was basically a VDO with a new face and fonts to match the other guages, that works for the majority of electronic iginition systems..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is the one offered by Charger specialties and a few others.......ugh

tach.jpg

tach2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back