• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 70-72 Air Grabber/Ramcharger Actuator

PurpleBeeper

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking for a 70-72 air grabber/ramcharger hood trap door actuator. I might try to modify a hideaway headlight motor instead if I can’t find an air grabber one. Thanks!

This is the part I need

IMG_5590.jpeg

You will not need to modify much of anything, really. The headlamp pod actuator is virtually identical to the grabber actuator in every way except the inlet lines are positioned slightly different and the inlet line diameter of the headlamp pod is slightly larger that the air grabber version. (And there is a different stamp number on the unit.) The rest was a simple bolt on. It's pretty obvious that the engineers used the headlamp pod as their model for the air grabber actuator. I just made the change. It was easy and now it works just fine.

The headlight version also has a different style shaft than the AG version.
Agreed--I forgot about that. The shaft appears to be the same length & thickness but the end has a hole in it instead of the clevis pin-style end in the shaft of the air grabber actuator. It is the pin that attaches to the mechanism that operates the door open and closed. I simply put a small screw/washer/spacer/nut there and it worked perfectly. You could probably find a clevis pin if you look around.

Thanks gentlemen. I’ve got 2 headlight pods in the way (they were $30 each so I’m rolling the dice).

Auto Transport Service
Back