• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GREEN GO BEE 1 of 1

SPAULDO

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
CCF05312012_00018 (1).jpg

CCF05312012_00017.jpg I just received my extended registry letter from Galen Govier (GTS) and I'm pretty damn excited! I knew I had a pretty rare car and Galen has confirmed it to be a 1 of 1.I bought this car about two years ago and have been in the process of tracking down all of the goodies to make this car just a bit better than it was when it rolled out of the LA plant back in 70. Believe me, if I would have received the original drivetrain with the car when purchased it would stay just that way! That being said; the car will now have a 1970 six pack engine (stock), hemi 18 spline 4 speed and a dana super trac pac axle as well as bucket seats and console. I will also be going with the steel wheels painted body color (FJ6) and dog dish caps. I will be documenting every step of this resto and hope to share a wealth of pictures with you all.

Congrats on the rare find Kent. That will be an awesome looking car when you are done with it.

Thats amazing rare find man! I couldn't imagine what that feels like, PLEASE keep us updated as you go on this! And good luck on it, you sure are off to a great start for a heck of a ride, I would be afraid to drive it.

Yeah Man! 1 of 1 or not, I love this car and can't wait to see you progress with it.

good to hear that kent.will be looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.

Sounds great! I guess you have no problems with finding parts for the Bee, how many of them do you have now?

Great find.

Can't wait to see some pics of your restoration and awesome find. Good Luck.

Cool!! Nothing better than researching a car BEFORE selling it lol. Yeah, I sold a 70 Challenger 440 RT rag top that was fully loaded before I researched it but man, this was back in 84 when I sold it for cheap. X wife hated it but she hated many things about me and is one of several reasons why she's an X :D We divorce in early 86 and I still can't figure out why she even married me.....but I can't figure out why I married her either!!

I believe I could possibly have the record on this site for the shortest marriage? I was married once for only 6 months but I was gone for the first four months of it working out of state. Let me tell you, those last two months were the worst two of the 6 month relationship. Love is a beautiful thing but divorces can sometimes be even more beautiful! Swede, I'm down to two 70 Bee's, one Coronet 440 HT and a 68 Barracuda fastback.

I won't let you down Swede, I found me a new body man that lives and breaths mopars that will be working on this resto. His work from what I've seen is second to none and he also has a reasonable shop wage and won't keep your car in body shop prison for 5 years. You'll want this one when it's done!

I won't let you down Swede, I found me a new body man that lives and breaths mopars that will be working on this resto. His work from what I've seen is second to none and he also has a reasonable shop wage and won't keep your car in body shop prison for 5 years. You'll want this one when it's done!

Well, you already got the adress so why not? Just put it on a ship to Sweden and I take it from there!

Sound like a cool 70 Green Super Bee project... So it now won't be a 1 of 1 383 4bbl any longer with the 440 6-pack, 18 spline 4spd & Dana-60 ??... good luck on the project....

I believe the only thing that made it a one of one was the fact that it was a FJ6 Green Go Bee with a V6F Ledger Green C stripe? Looks like they made plenty of these Bee's with 383's and D21 4 speeds, just not in this color combination.I think it will only add more value by putting the 440 six pack, 18 spline hemi 4 speed and the dana 60 in this car since it was missing the motor and transmission anyhow? I know what I'ld rather have if I can't have the REAL Mc Coy!!! ANY OPINIONS????????

I believe the only thing that made it a one of one was the fact that it was a FJ6 Green Go Bee with a V6F Ledger Green C stripe?

What makes it one of one that Galen knows about is the fact it's FJ6. He only knows about and reports on what he has come across; not what was produced.

There were only ~11 coupes and ~21 hard tops cars painted FJ6 built for sale in the US. So it is a low production color. This is the first one of all '70 SB's HT's painted in FJ6 that he knows about.

Here's the break down of 70 Bee's by color on Andy 440.com.

http://andy440.com/70Bee_colors.htm

When you consider the number of options and combinations available, 'one of one' is no big deal. Finding two exactly alike is the trick.

Finding two exactly alike is the trick? I hope that trick never happens because a one of one works well for me. If another one crops up I would be really surprised?I enjoy the andy440.com website, it has a ton of very nice cars and a great deal of information as well. He's put a lot of work into that site and I never grow old of visiting it.

Finding two exactly alike is the trick? I hope that trick never happens because a one of one works well for me.

Again, one of one is no big deal and over hyped when you consider the number of permutations possible. (two body styes X three engines X three different transmissions is already 12. Factor in the number of rear end gear combinations with each driveline. Multiply that times the number of color and interior (with and without buckets; cloth or vinyl bench or buckets)combinations then consider all the stripe combinations possible, then consider the number of possibilities without stripes. Factor in yes/no options like with or without A/C, with or without each package, with or without a radio and then figure which radio was possible. After a while, the number of possibilites gets a little cumbersome) You could wind up with more combinations possible than cars produced.

EVERY non fleet car is probably one of one....they should be.

Unless they were a sales bank car ordered by some lazy person, finding two exactly alike is very, very hard to do.

What IS very cool is one of the ~32 Fj6 cars has surfaced. Congrats on that.

I dont recall any Bees with the reverse C stripe going all the way on the door. Was this an option that I didnt know about or maybe someone added it themself? Just curious.

Auto Transport Service
Back