• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GTX Legendary wheels -bigger brakes.

Azmotorhead

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
Installing Baer brakes SS+4 11" front discs. Fit is good & install is pretty straight forward.
Now installing a set of Legendary 15" Magnum 500's.
Issue is the center cap for the spindle(Baer spindle & cap) won't allow the legendary wheel center cap to go on.
Anyone found a solution or even encountered this?

17198556858551623951502885072374.jpg

This is similar to the situation I had with my Wilwood front discs/Drake Legendary Magnum 500's that the spindle caps protruded a touch too far (and are a touch too fat) even for the repro Magnum 500 centre caps. I briefly considered grinding the spindle caps down a bit.

I already had to install longer Wilwood studs to accommodate the wheels, so I just ended up using a 1/4" billet spacer on each side. The conical deep thread lugs for the Legendary's provide lots of bite so not worried about 1/4" of spacer.

I didn't use those plastic centre caps that came with the wheels. I have 5 of them here brand new if you ever break one.

IMG_1325 Large.png
510iUq-IB6L._AC_SX679_ Large.png

Last edited:
Thanks Don. Are those OE centercaps or are they made by Drake/Legendary? I tried using the OE caps with these wheels but the inside portion doesn't protrude far enough outward to engage the Bolts or alignment dowels.

These are reproduction ones from eBay. Got them from Maryland Mustang.

Maybe they could be Legendary caps, resold by them. Not sure.

If you have these style:

BTKA_16466353760756485_5380db5f61e3bfd724d7f1066ca9fa-1.jpg

The outer cap seems the same as OE.

Those rear parts likely won't go into the Legendary's.

Mine came with this style rear piece:

th-42963182.jpg

...but of course had the bullseye Mopar caps.

Inner part is just round to connect to the lip on the Legendary's, rather than the tabs which I assume are for the steel road wheels..?

Anyway, they fit perfectly.

Last edited:
my Legendary caps are the snap in 1" tall.
Originals that were on the original 500's on the car had the inner piece with 5 tabs.
I'll give Maryland Mustang a call and see what they have

Auto Transport Service
Back