• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR MAP Light (A01) bulb question.

70RRGuy

Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Need some help with the bulb for the MAP light. There is a pink and yellow wire to the MAP light. I think the pink wire is the curtesy wire that allows the light to come on when the doors opens. Then the yellow wire is used through the switch to turn on the MAP light when the doors are shut and engine running. Is the pink wire a 12VDC supply or a GND? I'm going by memory but I thought the pink wire was a 12VDC supply. The yellow wire is a 12VDC supply as well. If both the pink and yellow wires are 12VDC supplies then the GND must be through the case via the dash chassis.

Here's the question about the bulb, is this suppose to be a double filament bulb with the outside case as the GND? The bulb I have is the #90 bulb but it is a single filament. It has 2 terminals on the end of the bulb where one is 12VDC and the other is a GND.

If it is supposed to be a double bulb, then can someone recommend a part number and a company to source one?

My owners manual says a 90 bulb.

1723175147407.png
IMO Go with a LED .... no heat ....low power

Need some help with the bulb for the MAP light. There is a pink and yellow wire to the MAP light. I think the pink wire is the curtesy wire that allows the light to come on when the doors opens. Then the yellow wire is used through the switch to turn on the MAP light when the doors are shut and engine running. Is the pink wire a 12VDC supply or a GND? I'm going by memory but I thought the pink wire was a 12VDC supply. The yellow wire is a 12VDC supply as well. If both the pink and yellow wires are 12VDC supplies then the GND must be through the case via the dash chassis.

Here's the question about the bulb, is this suppose to be a double filament bulb with the outside case as the GND? The bulb I have is the #90 bulb but it is a single filament. It has 2 terminals on the end of the bulb where one is 12VDC and the other is a GND.

If it is supposed to be a double bulb, then can someone recommend a part number and a company to source one?
Pink is 12 volt hot all the time. Yellow is the ground circuit and it is normally switched to a grounding style switch.

Auto Transport Service
Back