• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 360 throttle bracket

snake

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
OK just installed the holley heat shield.i don't like angle the throttle cable is.i am thinking cut wear my finger is pointing and weld a piece of steel say 1 inch + the cable hold down.that should put the cable in a much better angle,right.i would like to hack if I may so lol an other throttle bracket,but after searching on line I can only find 72 73 74 not my 71.thoughts please.

20240809_141754.jpg

20240809_141712.jpg

20240809_141754.jpg

OK found an throttle cable adapter on e bay made for the throttle cable- cruise controll cable.

That may work decent. But it only helps the cable out. What are u doing with the kd if anything?Do u have a 2 or 4 barrel bracket on the motor now?

OK just installed the holley heat shield.i don't like angle the throttle cable is.i am thinking cut wear my finger is pointing and weld a piece of steel say 1 inch + the cable hold down.that should put the cable in a much better angle,right.i would like to hack if I may so lol an other throttle bracket,but after searching on line I can only find 72 73 74 not my 71.thoughts please.

View attachment 1708060

View attachment 1708061

View attachment 1708062
It looks like the cable needs to be higher for sure. The end of the cable is usually attached to the pin where your return springs are attached and secured with a clip or cotter pin.

throttle.jpg

Snake - my cable is angled down like yours - no issues & I have the Air-Gap intake which will sit a little higher than your intake.
1724431701303.png

Guys got it, the angel that was bad now with the adapter it raised the cable inch and a half higher. Perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back