• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-74 charger fenders

alexr1905

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
was wondering if 71-74 chargers ever come without front blinker indicators on the top of the fenders

yes, the fender indicators were an option and also came standard on the SE

ok I bought a set and didn't see the indicators thought they were standard option

lighting package A01

73_Charger_Total0017.jpg

It depends. Reviewing literature for my 71 Charger I found no mention of directionals being included in the A01 light package. They were a seperate option added to the light package the following year.

I've worked on a ton of these and have seen a lot and have never seen one without the turn signal s from the factory.
It's very common for people to shave them (I've done it a few times ) to give the car a nicer look
I don't think it would be cost effective for dodge to change the mold for someone that didn't spend extra cash on a light pakage .and further more I have a car without the light package and it has the fender mounted lights I've had with also and still the same lights are there.
I would be certain they all came with them .
I've owned over 20 of the 71-74 chargers and all have had mounted turn signal s .
Take a picture of under side where the light should be I'm sure you'll find signs of welding

my understanding is the fenders were drilled for them only as the build sheet called for them. I have seen many, many cars without them.

Attachments

• nt.jpg
    nt.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 248
  • nt1.jpg
    nt1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 572
  • nt3.jpg
    nt3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 317
  • nt4.jpg
    nt4.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 659
It's not a stamping of the panel operation issue. It's an additional stamp or drill after the panel is formed.

Very easy to do.

There were "WL29" Low price class Chargers made and I've seen them with floor mats instead of carpets and six cylinders.

Makes perfect sense they would be included but according to the 71 data book they cost extra. Maybe added later in the year?
a01.jpg
*= A01 Package

I have a problem with all the cars up above there all top dog fully decked out cars , I wwould buy the striped out cars not getting them (possibly) but fully loaded cars ? Now if someone could find a picture of a survivor that is documented as being as such with its org paint I'll be quite . But to me all the cars above more then likely had the light shaved off . (Very easy modification ) and very common .
I know the man to ask I'll give him a shout Monday so we can figure this out .

unrestored , original paint cars

Attachments

• 71charger30.jpg
    71charger30.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 240
  • nt5.jpg
    nt5.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 233
All the cars shown above are 71-2's. Both my 71 R/T and 72 Ralley that were sold new here and in original paint when I owned then did not come with the lights.
I've also owned a several of GTX's and SSP's with out the lights.
I've owned over 60 71-4 B-bodies and most of mine did not come with the lights. Both the 71 and 72 SSP's that I have now have them but both have the AO1 light group. They were more common on 73-4 than 71-2.

Ok I give up about the fender lights you guys will . And so did I ,I learned something today
I do have a ? Then are the 72's early year cars? As in it was a 71 thing and It carried to the start of 72? I apologize for being stubborn but without facts from the opposition I won't consider there side as true .the fact of the unrestored 71 kinda does it for me .

Ok I give up about the fender lights you guys will . And so did I ,I learned something today
I do have a ? Then are the 72's early year cars? As in it was a 71 thing and It carried to the start of 72? I apologize for being stubborn but without facts from the opposition I won't consider there side as true .the fact of the unrestored 71 kinda does it for me .
i personally have never seen a 73 or 4 that did not have them. to be honest , I never gave it much thought before. every 73 - 4 I have owned has had them. I will keep an eye out now that it is of interest

Auto Transport Service
Back